Any malfunction or problem in your electrical system can lead to accidents or fires, which is why it is important to know which signs to watch out for to prevent these from happening. Most of the time, however, even common electrical issues can be easy to overlook such as dimming lights, faulty light switches and not having enough power outlets because they seem harmless. These problems, especially recurring ones, can indicate other problems that will need professional electrician services in Singapore.
• How often should I call electrician services? If you are moving in to a new apartment in Singapore, it’ s a good idea to call the nearest electrician services shop to perform a thorough inspection, especially if the house looks old and in need of rewiring. You should also call a licensed electrician every time you need to have your wires, switches, and lights repaired, installed, or replaced. Regular electrical maintenance can save you more money in the long run because you will be able to address minor problems right away.
• What services do licensed electricians offer? In most countries, including Singapore, an affordable power line worker works with power companies to ensure efficient distribution of electricity to the public. A wire man, on the other hand, mostly works for residential, commercial and industrial settings. Both, however, can help fix power trip in your area and can provide 24 hour electrical service if needed.
• What should I look for in an electrician? Contact a reputable electrician services company if you need to have electrical problems solved. Only a licensed electrician can inspect, install, troubleshoot, and repair electrical works because they are trained with the safety standards of working with live electricity. You should also look for insurance in case an accident happens, and a warranty if the work did not address the problem.
• How do I know if there is a problem? Call a licensed electrician in Singapore if you notice any of the following problems: lights dim whenever you turn on an appliance or gadget; lights flicker or go off even with regular replacement; if you need to plug in a three-prong adapter; if you use too many extension cords and power strips; if there is a burning smell; and if you have just moved into a new apartment.
• What causes flickering lights? Flickering or dimming lights might be caused a faulty light bulb that is nearing its lifespan, but if replacement does not solve the problem, you need to call an electrician for an inspection. One serious cause of frequently dimming lights is power arcing, a situation where the current can jump between the gaps in the wiring.
• What type of lights is right for my home? Most modern homes in Singapore have recessed lights that are perfect for small spaces. The sizes can range between 2 inches to 6 inches depending on the size of the room. Consult an electrician to know which lights are right for your apartment.
• What causes the light switch to become hot? Hot light switches are caused by faulty wiring, overloaded switch, or a failing switch. These are all serious problems that need the attention of expert electrician services.
• What is a tripping circuit breaker? A circuit breaker will shut off or trip if it detects that the flow of energy in the circuit is causing damage or overheating. The circuit breaker is the device that automatically stops the flow of the electric current and protects the electrical circuit from excess flow and overloading.
• What is a GFCI receptacle? GCFI stands for ground fault circuit interrupter, a receptacle that is installed to prevent electrical shock when using appliances and gadgets near water. Commercial buildings, hotels, and residential complexes need this for extra safety of the personnel or residents near bathrooms, swimming pools, kitchens, laundry rooms, and outdoor areas. Regular troubleshooting, preferably once a month, is important to make sure that it is still functioning.
• Is there a difference between amperage and voltage check? Calling a licensed electrician to measure the capacity of your power line is extremely important, especially if it is for bigger buildings. This will secure the steady flow of current and minimize occurrences of power failure. Amp or ampere measures the speed of the electric current while volt refers to the potential of one ampere to flow through a conductor. Your electric contractor for office setup will help you check for these in your Singapore office.
• What is the difference between two- and three-prong outlets? If you have just moved into a new apartment and noticed that some of the plugs have three slots while others only have two, it means that one of them is for plugs with guards for electric shock. The two-prong outlets only have one connection to a hot wire and another for a neutral wire, while the three-prong outlets have both neutral, hot wire connection, and an extra ground connection.
• How do I know if my home needs a rewiring? Apartments that are older than ten years need to be inspected to make sure that the electrical system can meet the demands of modern appliances and gadgets. Rewiring is easy (it will not take more than two weeks) and safe because you are ensuring that there are no fire hazards in the system. For example, some wires, receptacles, and joints might be worn out but are difficult to see especially if they are covered by the walls and ceiling. Call a licensed electrician to perform an inspection.
• Is it okay to try DIY projects? Do-it-yourself electrical projects are fine as long as you have the expertise and the experience as well as the permission from the landlord. However, if you need to have a project completed, it would be much safer for your family to call a good electrician in Singapore to do it for you. If you are worried about the cost, think about how much you will need to spend for accidents that could result in sloppy work versus the quality work of a professional.
Small and mid-sized businesses in Singapore are now steering away from traditional telecom providers in record numbers, with each of them hoping to take advantage of the cost saving capabilities of Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) while leveraging the calling features it provides. But with the potential for great return being this high, it has become easy to get caught up in the hype, rush into making decisions, and end up settling with a less than capable VoIP provider. To help mitigate the risk and ensure that you reap the maximum benefits of this phone service, we listed down some hiring mistakes you should avoid as you start searching for your VoIP service provider.
1. Disregarding How the Technology Works
Before you proceed in choosing a VoIP provider for your business, you should first ensure that you understand how the VoIP technology works. You don’t need to become an expert on the VoIP technology, but learning the basics – such as knowing how it functions – will certainly help you avoid the pitfalls that some providers might not disclose.
2. Failing to Learn About the Hidden Charges
Although VoIP in Singapore are inexpensive, have the initiative to go one step farther than the price you see on the provider’s website as there might be some hidden charges like its licensing, support and usage. For instance, you might notice a great price on the unlimited calling on your prospective provider’s website, but in the brochure it might state that the price doesn’t actually include calls made outside of their network. If this is case, inform your prospective VoIP provider beforehand to include both local and international calls in their unlimited call plans.
3. Hiring a Flagship VoIP Provider
If the provider that you are planning to hire is new to the VoIP industry, then it’s possible that they are using your business as a test subject. While this isn’t true to all new VoIP providers, it’s crucial that you find and hire someone who knows their craft and has been in the industry for quite some time. After all, you wouldn’t want to hire someone who will disappear on the fly, or worse, leave you with a system that will cause you a lot of headaches later on.
For that reason, ensure that you spend some time learning about your prospective hosted pbx solution offered in Singapore as this investment will surely return to you tenfold. Browse through local hosted pbx providers to cater to your business needs.
4. Choosing Someone Who Won’t Consider Bandwidth and Traffic
When implementing a VoIP service in your business in Singapore, it’s crucial to remember that your phone calls will be transmitted over your internet connection. Depending on the type of connection that you have, the upload capacity of your VoIP might be limited. If you have a large amount of data and voice, you might not have enough bandwidth to effectively use your VoIP service. The end result will be an unreliable VoIP connection and issues with data transmission using your internet connection.
To keep this from happening, ensure that you provider knows and listens to your needs. It would also be a good idea to get feedbacks from the people who previously hired your prospective provider so you will have an idea as to how the service works.
5. Forgetting to Ask About any Necessary Licenses
Using a VoIP on your home computer is relatively easy – you simply choose a provider, pay your monthly fee, and download the necessary software interface. However, it doesn’t work this way when it comes to using the services for your business, as most providers use licensing to lock their clients in. These VoIP in Singapore also use great value telecom services to hide licensing, making their offer look better until you are already locked in. To keep this from happening, inquire about any possible licenses that they have before you sign on the dotted line.
6. Failing to Ask About Their Disaster Recovery Plan
One of the first questions you should be asking your prospective VoIP provider is whether or not they have a plan in place for disaster recovery. Failing to do so will likely leave you stranded in case a system failure occurs. So don’t assume that your VoIP provider will automatically provide disaster recovery services to your business. Instead, ensure beforehand if these services are actually offered or not.
7. Neglecting the Features Offered by the Provider
While some of the phone services you need for your business seems like a “no brainer”, you will be surprised at how many VoIP providers in Singapore actually leave out some basic services like call forwarding. So instead of relying that all the services you want are already provide, require your provider to perform a demonstration so you fully understand what is being offered in the plan you are planning to get. Doing this will certainly help in avoiding negative surprises that might adversely affect your business later on.
8. Forgetting to Perform a Network Test
Some VoIP in Singapore will not bother evaluating your existing network to see if it’s capable of handling the VoIP system that you need. If your prospective VoIP provider is one of those teams, simply ask them about it. If things start becoming sketchy as they answer, do yourself and your business a favour and move on the next VoIP on your list.
With the hype in the VoIP system these days, it’s quite easy to end up hiring an incompetent and inexperienced provider. To keep that from happening, ensure that you avoid committing these mistakes when choosing a VoIP provider. Make sure that you are hiring someone who’s offering a reliable technical support and system maintenance. After all, this is an area of your business you would not want to cut corners, as it could spell disaster if you do.
Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam has become a popular destination in Asia because of its fast-growing property investment ventures and commercial and industrial growth in the past several years. Formerly known as Saigon, the city is divided into 24 districts called Quan, each with distinct features and sites you need to see. Fortunately, investing in a Saigon apartment rental is affordable, whether you’re looking for a dream apartment for rent in district 2 or you want to live in the busiest central districts by closing a great deal for a condominium rental in district 1, there are a lot of choices awaiting you.
Here’s everything you need to know about the City with Two Names if you plan to look for your dream home in Vietnam.
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Ho Chi Minh City or Saigon is known as the capital of the southern part of Vietnam and rivals even the busy capital of Hanoi with its growing residential, commercial, and industrial enterprises and ventures from both local and foreign investors. Because of its dynamic modern and traditional characteristics, Ho Chi Minh City has attracted various international communities, making this area a viable option for vietnamese house rental among tourists and expats. In fact, there are districts or quan in HCMC that cater to foreign residents and tourists. Consequently, it has become easy to rent a house in district 3 for example, because of the growing demand for affordable but quality condominiums, apartments, villa rental, and houses in various urban districts.
Saigon, the former capital of Vietnam, began as a fishing village of the Khmer people before it was annexed during the Nguyen dynasty in the close of the 1600s. In 1950, it came under French rule until 1975 and was renamed Ho Chi Minh City after the revolutionary leader who was instrumental in the independence movement against the French Union.
Ho Chi Minh City’s rich and colorful history is reflected in its architecture, food, and festivals. HCMCs tourism is a catalyst in the rise of the demands for Saigon apartment rental in this part of Vietnam because you can travel to other premium destinations in the country from the city. The atmosphere is also expat-friendly because HCMC in a major junction for public transportation systems and has plenty of world-class accommodations, restaurants and cafes, markets and shopping malls, hospitals, international schools and universities, and public offices.
12 HCMC Districts
Ho Chi Minh City has 24 districts, 19 if which are called the inner or urban districts, while the other 5 are considered suburban districts. If you plan to rent apartment in Saigon, it is important to determine which district you’re going to stay at because the price range for the villa rental or rent a house deals differ in each district. For example, in the busiest urban districts where most of the commercial and corporate offices are found, the cost of living is higher. If you cannot afford the posh condominiums in district 1 for example, you might want to consider apartment for rent in Ho Chi Minh City in the surrounding districts.
Transportation and access to hospitals, malls, and schools are also important factors, as well as considering which areas in specific districts have a lot of expats. This is why most expats rent apartment at HCMC in districts 3 and 5 because of the number of foreign residents in the area.
Not all of the district, however, are as crowded as district 1, and there are still a lot of affordable Saigon apartment rental deals waiting for you. Let’s look at 12 of the 24 districts in Ho Chi Minh City.
• District 1. Most of the upscale villa rental and posh apartments are found here, as well as high-end shopping malls, entertainment centers, and world-class restaurants and hotels. This is also the center for the region’s commercial and administrative activities. But if looking for the same level of opulence for a better price, you may want to stay in a condo at vin home binh thanh district for a more peaceful environment that’s just about 20 minutes drive from District 1.
• District 2. Considered a family-friendly district, this is an ideal place to look for an apartment for rent in Ho Chi Minh City if you’re taking your kids with you. It has several schools and rent a house deals perfect for a family of four.
• District 3. If you want peace and quiet, this is the best place to rent apartment at HCMC because it has several serviced apartments for busy workers and entrepreneurs who want to live within a few minutes of travel to district 1.
• District 4. It has the smallest area among all the districts, but you can still find plenty of options for apartment for rent in Ho Chi Minh City here. The district may be small, but it doesn’t fall short of attractions, restaurants and food stalls.
• District 5. This is considered the Chinatown of HCMC and is known for its delicious array of street food. This is the ideal place to look for an apartment for rent in Ho Chi Minh City if you want affordable deals.
• District 6. It also has a large population of Chinese migrants and has plenty of pagodas and temples you need to see.
• District 7. This is the best place to look for a rent a house deal for families who want a long-term investment. The housing development in this district is the best.
• District 8. It’s less busy than the surrounding districts although you will find it difficult to find rental deals here.
• District 9. If you don’t want to live near the central districts, this is the best place to rent apartment in Saigon.
• District 10. This is the best place for people who want to explore Vietnam’s cuisine. It is also the ideal place for students looking for cheap lodging or for families with children who want to rent a house near some of the best schools in the country.
• District 11. It is known primarily for its water park and some pagodas.
• District 12. Tourists love the district for its several fishing spots, kite-flying activities, and historical landmarks.
According to the Ministry of Health in 2016, about 16 people die from cardiovascular diseases such as stroke and heart diseases in Singapore every day. It is one of the growing common causes of death in the city state. As a matter of fact, cardiovascular diseases (CVD) accounted for roughly 29.5% of deaths in 2016.
The alarming numbers urge every citizen to consult their cardiologist every once in a while. Getting an annual heart screening can potentially save your life. It is a non-invasive and comprehensive process that can identify one’s risk of developing a heart disease. Ideally, it is better to diagnose the risks before the disease grows serious, causing irreversible damage or even death.
What is Heart Screening?
Hopefully, you won’t need the help of a heart surgeon if you take matters into your own hands immediately. Undergoing a heart screening offers the standard GP tests, with a unique state-of-the-art technology to gauge one’s heart health. It also generally incorporates about 9 heart tests in a single consultation. The process combines traditional CVD tests with Pulse Wave Analysis (PWA); a powerful tool to determine one’s risks of developing a cardiovascular disease.
Even the best cardiologist in Singapore would encourage people to get their hearts screened at least once a year. Regardless of whether you’re living a clean and healthy lifestyle or not, there might be risks you possess which remain unknown unless you take a screening. The non-invasive process is nothing to be afraid of. It usually spans for about 45 minutes to put you in control of your heart health.
After the whole screening process, your heart doctor will compile and interpret the results before constructing a comprehensive heart health report. You can expect for the results to be given out within five days. Included in the report are recommendations which can likely minimize your likelihood of getting a stroke or a coronary heart disease— if addressed.
How does it help you?
Getting a heart screening by a cardiologist gives you a first-line defense in possible early detection of any cardiovascular disease. Contrastingly, standard tests only rely on the existence of advanced diseases such as severe artery blockages to discern and assess existing heart problems. With the advanced assessment with a harley cardiology surgeon in Singapore of a proper heart screening, you can detect early signs of deterioration in the veins and arteries.
Regardless of whether you’re at low or high risk, a screening of your cardiovascular well-being is essential to let you be aware of the information required to ensure a healthy, cardiovascular condition in the long run.
How does it work?
Your heart doctor will generally spearhead the process of a heart screening. Advanced technology will be used to obtain a clear visual picture of your heart and arteries. The test itself is non-invasive (so it does not necessarily require the presence of a heart surgeon), pain-free, and also performed when the patient is at rest.
Conventional investigations are still done – such as blood pressure, Electrocardiogram (ECG), body mass index (BMI), and cholesterol count. Furthermore, it also has additional tests which can protect you from the risks of having an advanced form of heart disease, like the Ankle Brachial Pressure Index (ABPI) and Pulse Wave Analysis (PWA).
The Ankle Brachial Pressure Index indicates the presence of vein blockages or any arterial narrowing in the legs. The Pulse Wave Analysis, on the other hand, detects early signs of deterioration in the arteries. The analysis also includes an assessment of your aorta’s condition, which the biggest artery in the body. The occurrence of increased stiffness in this artery can be a major cause of massive heart strain as well as a full-blown stroke. This is common in people which has high risks of developing a heart disease.
Are you at risk?
People who smoke, have high blood pressure, or are overweight are likely candidates for having cardiovascular problems. However, there are still victims of heart disease who do not possess particularly abnormal risk factors. This means, just about anyone can still be at risk.
Any cardiologist would know that there isn’t a single factor to pin as the main cause of having a CVD. Instead, the diagnosis of CVD resulted from several minor factors which had a synergistic influence on each other when combined. Several people in Singapore have fallen victims of heart disease without really showing any notable, abnormal risk factors.
Factors which can impact your overall cardiovascular condition
Regardless, there are certain factors which can render you vulnerable to develop a cardiovascular disease. Some of these factors become more dangerous if they exist particularly in combination. If you possess any (or several) of these factors, your need to undergo a heart screening is heightened:
• High blood pressure
• Kidney diseases
• High cholesterol
• Family history of CVD/stroke
• Advancing age
• Psychosocial factors (depression, stress, loneliness)
Keep in mind that this list is compiled in no particular order. But if you have any or a number of these factors, you can count on a heart screening to assess the impact of these factors on your general cardiovascular health.
An early detection can prevent or even reverse an arterial deterioration, or significantly reduce the likelihood of having a heart attack or stroke. Although these factors are notable red flags to your cardiovascular condition, there are still people who are diagnosed with CVD who do not possess any abnormal risk factors. This makes just about anyone vulnerable to become a victim of heart disease.
To sum it up, an early detection may just save your life. Do not wait until it’s too late. Visit your cardiologist and get your heart screened.
This list is compiled in no particular order.
There are a lot of situations where people will need the services of a locksmith, most commonly when we have accidentally locked ourselves out of our cars or homes. However, the Better Business Bureau (BBB) reports that there has been a growing trend of scams in recent years, particularly regarding locksmiths or people pretending to be locksmiths. So before you fall into the tricks of the scammers, here are some tips and techniques that you could use to detect that if the person you’re dealing with is a scam artist.
1. Don’t hire some random locksmith. Finding a licensed and reputable professional locksmith is one of the best ways to avoid getting scammed. Do not engage just any locksmith that you found online right away, especially if the person hasn’t been referred to you by a former client that you know personally. Contact your local BBB in Singapore or visit their website to verify the company that you’re planning to engage, and see if there are any complaints regarding their services.
2. Bring a witness with you. If you got locked out of your vehicle or your house, ask a relative, a friend or a trustworthy neighbor or person who’s nearby to keep you company as your locksmith work on the locks of your home or vehicle. Just make sure that the person that you’re bringing with you isn’t affiliated with the Singapore unlock door and key maker that you hired.
3. Have the locksmith verify the company’s information. When the locksmith you hired arrives in the location, check if he arrives in a clearly marked company vehicle. The van should have the proper identification of the company such as its phone number and business name. If your locksmith is quite hesitant in giving you the company information that you’re asking for, then it’s time that you start looking for another locksmith company such as http://www.lockmaster.sg/ in Singapore.
4. Your locksmith should ask for your identification as he arrives. This is one of the things that professional and reputable locksmiths do. In return, you should also ask for his credentials. This includes their company ID, state license (if applicable), business card, and driver’s license. It’s better if your locksmith Singapore was able to give you information on all of these. List down the information that you got on your phone or on a piece of paper because phony locksmiths are more likely to leave you behind when they feel that you’re planning to report them.
5. Verify their work estimate. Before the locksmith starts to work on with your security problems, he should be able to provide you with a work estimate wherein everything is clearly itemized in an invoice after completion. If you’re uncomfortable with the estimate he provided, then don’t hesitate to refuse taking his services. Don’t use the services that they’re offering, instead locate a reputable and better locksmith to do the job for you.
6. If you’re uncomfortable with your locksmith, don’t work with him. Being comfortable and fully trusting your locksmith is important, so if you’re uncomfortable with the one that you hired, then trust your gut feeling and decline his services. It is better that you do this earlier than regret your decisions later on.
7. Never apprehend the scam artist. This is one of the important things that you should keep in mind when you feel like you’re dealing with a scam artist – never, ever try to capture or detain them on your own. Be observant instead, and report them. Most importantly, if you already feel unsafe, immediately contact your local Singapore police and get to a safer place straightaway.
Keep these tips in mind, especially if you often encounter security-related problems. Hire a locksmith who’s known for the excellent services that he provides. Yes, it might be costly, but it’s better to spend extra bucks since it’s your security that we’re talking about.